Dr. Vincent Wong, is an advanced medical aesthetics practitioner and the founder of La Maison de l’Esthetique, a Harley street clinic dedicated to luxury facial enhancement. He is also the aesthetics doctor of the spa at the fashionable London W Hotel. He is a fully qualified doctor with extensive research experience in Plastic Surgery and Dermatology. A sought after expert, Dr. Wong has presented his work at several national and international conferences, including those hosted by the British Association of Plastics, Reconstructive and Aesthetics Surgeons (BAPRAS) and the British Association of Dermatology (BAD). At La Maison de l’Esthetique,
Dr. Wong is passionate about fighting the signs of ageing non-invasively and provides his patients with treatments to look younger without having surgery. He has also helped models and beauty queens including Amy Willerton (Miss Universe UK who recently appeared on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here) and Cherelle Rose Patterson (the current Miss Jamaica UK) reach their prime on exactly the right day by planning ahead.
He explained that a common misconception is that planning your beauty regime before a special landmark event starts a couple of weeks before the big day, however in order to ensure that you look your best on the actual day your beauty preparations should start at least four months ahead. The high level of stress in the build up to your big day can have a noticeable impact on the complexion, but by planning ahead you can overcome this.
He has also worked with a number of brides who commonly complain about their complexion when preparing for their wedding. Their lack of sleep, dehydration, stress and lack of time (because of worries leading up to the big day) to look after their skin, make for a disastrous combination for its health. The result is dull, tired-looking skin.
So he recommends a course of microdermabrasion to clients preparing for a big event as the end result is smooth and clear skin with an even complexion. This treatment is particularly helpful in preventing breakouts and also aids in the absorption of topical serums and vitamins.
To top up his work at home he suggests using devices such as Slendertone Face which has helped many of the people he treats to rejuvenate their skin just in time for a big event. This home-use device sends small electrical signals to the face which exercise facial muscles and give you a natural facelift in just weeks of use by increasing muscle bulk thickness. The circulation system in the face is also stimulated by the electronic pulses, and the result is radiant, youthful skin which is camera ready. The beauty of the system is that it leaves you time to plan your event as it can be worn like a phone headset and so is hands-free, allowing you to get on with the things you need to do.
As Dr Wong concludes “We all want to look our best for a big day, but it is sometimes difficult not to panic especially when the event draws closer. My tips is to allow sufficient time to prepare your skin, keep calm, draw up a schedule of treatments (both at home and from a skincare professional) from four months before the event and you will look glowing with confidence on your big day.”
Here are Dr Wong’s 5 tips to preparing your skin for a big day:
- Find a skincare professional: You need to develop a relationship with an expert in skincare so that you can plan a course of treatments in the run up to a big event.
- Plan ahead: your beauty preparations should start at least four months ahead. Draw up a schedule of treatments to prepare the skin with your skincare professional and work backwards from the big day.
- Prepare the skin: A course of microdermabrasion helps prepare the skin in advance for a big event as the end result is smooth and clear skin with an even complexion and better absorption of serums.
- Home use devices tone and rejuvenate the skin in time for a big event — six-twelve weeks is all you need to see results but devises can also stimulate blood flow for greater radiance on the big day itself.
- Less stress: Lack of sleep, dehydration, stress and lack of time (because of worries leading up to the big day) make for a disastrous combination for its health. The result is dull, tired-looking skin. The less anxious you are the better your skin will look, so keep calm and you will experience fewer breakouts.